Gay Castle (HSE) commented that ‘the addition of a qualified Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation Instructor will be a great opportunity for anyone recovering from a cardiac event to continue their recovery in a supervised and safe class designed especially for them’.
We have an instructor here at LeisureWorld Bishopstown that are accredited Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists. We can provide group training for patients that have completed Phase III cardiac Rehab in the hospital setting and progressing to stage IV in LeisureWorld Bishopstown.
“A recent review that has examined the effectiveness of exercise based Cardiac Rehabilitation in patients with Coronary Heart Disease, has confirmed that patients may reduce their mortality by 31% (Taylor al.,2004). In addition to improved survival, other well documented benefits include:” BACR
- Reduced Hospital Admission
- Reduced Angina
- Improved Lipid Profiles (cholesterol)
- Improved Blood Pressure
- Improved Functional Capacity (function of the heart)
- Improved Lifestyle Modifications
- Reduced Anxiety & Depression
- Increased Confidence & Well-Being
- Improved Return to Work & Leisure Activities
- Improved Health Education of Families & Friends