Active Age at LeisureWorld Bishopstown for Older Adults
Classes for older adults. LeisureWorld Bishopstown believes that exercise should support the activities you are passionate about doing every day. Recent research from the World Health Organisation showed that 33pc of Irish adults do not get enough exercise, resulting in obesity and ill health. Older adults at risk of falls, such as people with weak legs, poor balance and some medical conditions, should do exercises to improve balance and co-ordination on at least 2 days a week in order to prevent these from occuring. These are some of the many reasons why older adults should exercise:
1. Live longer
2. Prevent falls
3. Reduced risk of stroke or heart attack
4. Better bone density
5. Reduced risk of developing dementia
6. Prevent or delay disease
7. More confidence and independence
That’s why our Active Age Strength and Active Age Fitness classes are important and will enable you to do the things you need to do, like to do, and want to do with greater ease and enjoyment and for the rest of your life.
- The Active Age Strength and Active Age Fitness classes will improve strength and balance as well as general aerobic fitness as well as well as improving mobility, balance and posture.
- Each 45 minute class is geared to all fitness level and abilities no matter your previous fitness or gym experience.
- We are committed to helping you achieve dramatic results. Whether it’s to move better, feel better, look better, have less pain, be stronger, feel more confident, improve balance or lose weight then Active Age Strength and Active Age Fitness are the classes for you.
If you wish to get started or know someone who you feel will benefit from participating in Active Age Strength and Active Age Fitness please feel free to call or email today
We have classes available Monday to Thursday at 10am!
Check our full timetable here